Sunday, October 24, 2010

Shiny Happy Shiny Things

There's something that makes you smile when you see Roger Federer with silverware in his hands. When there is a trophy over the Federhead, all is right with the world.

I mean, it's only Stockholm. A 250. For which I don't think he gets any ranking points. And it wasn't as if it was a great field - I mean, he was playing Florian Mayer in the final. I was hardly dialling 1800-SURPRISED when he won. But considering the definite title drought that has been going on this year, seeing Roger with some shiny stuff is definite happymaking.

And, as noted yesterday, it was a great result for Mayer as well - though he got a distinct lack of shiny stuff. Gypped. Maybe his reward was merely standing in the presence of mighty Fed. Who can tell.

And what a result for Viktor Troicki? He's a player I go on and off with, but I find it very hard to believe that this is his first ever ATP title. He's definitely got enough game to pick off a few 250 tournaments here and there in his career - maybe even a 500, if he gets very lucky. And it was a good victory for him in the final as well, beating Marcos Baghdatis. A bit disappointing for Marcos, I suppose, but a final is still a pretty good showing!

Now stop reading my random ramblings and go and look at pictures of Roger holding shiny things!

No comments: