Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gone Fishin'

It's the day between the end of the leadup tournaments and the beginning of the main event, and I don't have a whole lot to say... save to say that I think Federer is going to win the Australian Open, and that I'd like Safina to win in the women, but I would watch out for Dementieva, providing that her last two weeks of wins have not worn her out.
*
Murray will be in the final, I think, but I would not be surprised to find that Federer has been holding out on us, like he held out on Andy Roddick two years ago. The way Roger played in Kooyong does not leave too much to the imagination - Daddy's come home, and he's going to reassert his authority. I'm a little worried about Rafa's injury woes, but I'd still give him a shot at making the semis (though I think Murray might be a bit much for him... still, you never know.) I think the random semi-finalist is going to come from the Djokovic quarter, because he is seriously playing dodgtastically at the moment.
*
And I'm going to be there, watching.
*
Which is largely the point of this post: I'm not taking my computer with me, so I'm not sure what my Internet access will be like... so I'm hanging the Gone Fishin' sign on the Tennis From The Backseat door, because I'm not sure when I'll be back - certainly by Saturday, when I return to Canberra with a host of autographs and tennis-stories! Who knows, I might not be gone at all, if I find a convenient Internet cafe... we'll see. But for now, this is Jodi, who has gone fishin'.

No comments: