Monday, November 2, 2009

The Bali Enigma

So, um, Bali. What is it?

I mean, obviously I know what and where the island of Bali is and stuff, but what is this women's tournament that's going on there, all round robin and stuff? I thought the year ending championships were, you know, year ending. But apparently not, it seems. Does it count towards the rankings? What is it? What is the point of Bali?

Oh well. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.

Over to the boys, and R-Fed is back on court! This makes me very, very happy. He had a solid win over little Olivier Rochus... yeah, I don't have much more to say than that. I really hope he defends his title here. I know there's still a possibility that Nadal could overtake him in the rankings before the end of the year, and much as I love Rafa, I'd rather that didn't happen. After the French and Wimbledon, this year belongs to Roger. So I want him to defend all those points, please.

So Roger's off to a flier in Basel, and the other boys' tournament going on is in Valencia. Kolya is one of the high seeds there and I confess I'd like to see him win it, cardboard personality and all.

...yeah, I thought I was going somewhere with that and I wasn't. Talk amongst yourselves.


Today's Results

Valencia Open 500 (Valencia)

Nikolay Davydenko def. Alejandro Falla, 6-2 6-1
Tomas Berdych def. Paul-Henri Mathieu, 6-3 6-4
Guillermo Garcia-Lopez def. Simon Greul, 7-5 6-2
Albert Montanes def. Roberto Bautista-Agut, 6-1 3-6 6-4


Davidoff Swiss Indoors Basel (Basel)

Roger Federer def. Olivier Rochus, 6-3 6-4
Radek Stepanek def. Rainer Schuettler, 6-2 6-0
Andreas Seppi def. Stephane Bohli, 4-6 6-1 7-5
Florent Serra def. Ivo Karlovic, 7-6 (7-5) 6-4

No comments: