Friday, June 11, 2010

The Djoker Is...

Andy Roddick, I will deal with you later. Losing to Dudi Sela could be a big, big mistake. You could take a wildcard into Eastbourne, I suppose, but what if you win there? You'll have far too many matches under your belt. But if you don't, you'll have too few.

See what I mean?

But I'm not writing today to hate on A-Rod (fool that he is, with all those points to defend). No, Novak Djokovic, I am looking at YOU.

So Xavier Malisse beat you. Huh. That dude hasn't been good for about a wowzand years and though it doesn't really seem like it, you are supposed to be one of the best players in the world. I know this transition to grass is tough, but suck it up and deal with it, Nole. And for heavens' sakes, get some better allergy medication.

We've had the dominant four at the top of the game for a while - it's really been all about the Hispano-Suisse domination machine, but Djokovic and Murray have held their own. However, it's becoming painfully obvious that Roger and Rafa are streets ahead of the rest. Murray, maybe, is doing all right with the keeping up, even though he's not playing great, but I feel like Djokovic is only just hanging on. He has been thoroughly unremarkable for a while now, and I have to wonder when it's going to start being reflected in the points.

When you're not a Djokovic fan and even then you're majorly disappointed in him... something is up there. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. And Nole needs to work out what it is before it's too late.

No comments: