Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Blaming LA

Tennis in America is a pain, if you ask me. The timezone is all wrong for blogging. I sit here at 9am Australian Eastern Standard Time time, hoping to recap the past day - even though I haven't actually seen any of it, I rely on my ability to deduce and basically make stuff up - but when the tennis is in America, or worse, on the west coast of America, the day has barely begun. Really, LA, catch up. You're behind - timewise, at least. You are inconveniencing me greatly.
*
Because I really, really have nothing to talk about. I'm sure Odesnik/Reynolds and Stoppini/Kunitsyn were fascinating in their way, but I can tell you very little about any of those players. I don't think I've even heard of Stoppini. As I write this, Grosjean and Spadea are into a third, as are Vemic and Warburg. Much as I like Sebastien Grosjean, these are hardly world stopping matches... especially when you can't see them.
*
And I am not talking about rankings. I am not even thinking about rankings. Oh no.
*
Federer moved to a new apartment. Does that count as something? Today, I am afraid, I have nothing to say. I blame LA. They're as good a scapegoat as anyone else.
*
*
Today's Results
*
Countrywide Classic (Los Angeles)
*
Wayne Odesnik def. Bobby Reynolds, 4-6 6-1 6-4
Andrea Stoppini def. Igor Kunitsyn, 6-1 6-3
Mardy Fish def. Alejandro Falla, 6-2 6-2

No comments: