Monday, December 15, 2008

Conversations on Kooyong

The field for Kooyong has just been announced, and it's not quite as star-studded as in the past: Roger Federer, Stan Wawrinka, Fernando Gonzalez, Marin Cilic, Marat Safin, Carlos Moya, Fernando Verdasco and Marcos Baghdatis. Fun, but where's some of the big names of the past?
*
Ernests Gulbis had to pull out after accidentally scheduling to play Auckland at the same time - how he managed that I am not quite sure. He was replaced by Nando... but I think the organisers are more excited about the prospects of Ana Ivanovic in the stands than anything else.
*
I like the matches, and I like that R-Fed will get challenged... but not too much. But this event has pulled some huge names in the past. Where's Rafa and Djokovic? This is such a cool event - where is everyone this year?
*
Actually, where's Andy Roddick? He traditionally plays this event - where is he?

1 comment:

Krystle Lee said...

They've all gone off to Abu Dhabi and Dubai. I guess Channel 7 wouldn't be too happy with the line-up. In theory, I think they should decide to maybe decrease the coverage a little bit and give Sydney a bit more attention, but I don't think they will do that.