Monday, March 29, 2010

Nadalbandian

I can't wait for David Nalbandian to be back to normal. I cannot wait.

Personality wise, Bandy leaves a lot to be desired. He's not the most engaging guy. But he is definitely one of the most engaging guys on the court. The phrase 'lazy brilliance' has been bandied (ah, punnage) about and I can definitely see it. When he has got some matches under his belt... watch out for this dude. And if he comes through the clay season unscathed, watch out for him on grass. He is going to be fearsome.

Of course, he ran into Rafa today, but he still managed to take a set off the dude. And given the steely determination Rafa must have when he plays Bandy, having lost so much to him in the past - this is pretty good. I've got my eyes on you, Bandy. I expect big things.

And I also expect big things from Rafa. I would not be at all surprised if he snaps this title drought - maybe not this very second, but certainly the second he steps on the clay - and then goes on one of his tears where he doesn't lose for 6937493728 matches again. I think the steel is really coming back for Rafa, and even when his body lets him down, that steel can see him through. And I look forward to seeing it.

And I look forward to seeing more engaging Nadalbandian battles, because this really is one of the most interesting match ups in the sport!

No comments: