Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Ship Sails On

So Rafa won. How nice. For him.
*
Ahem.
*
Seriously, I really do like Rafa. I'm just not doing a very good imitation of it at the moment.
*
It was a weird tournament... Rafa faced no top ten players the whole tournament. The closest he came was Andy Murray - actually, is Andy Murray top ten yet? Sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't. I always forget. So here's hoping Cincy is a bit different. I have my fingers crossed, that's for sure!
*
And there still is time for the annual Rafa slump... he won this tournament in 2005 and still had a slump. I'm waiting for it, Rafa. Please. For Roger's sake.
*
Oh God. What a horrible thing to say. Sorry, Rafa.
*
Go Roger. That's a bit nicer, I think.
*
Our poster girl Dinara Safina went on to win the tournament in Los Angeles, which is happier news. She took out Flavia Pennetta in the final in straight sets. She's looking good, looking dangerous. I reiterate my US Open prediction.
*
I should do gold medal predictions too, hey! Roger Federer (duh.) And... hmmm. One of the Serbian girls. Actually, no. I'm going to be a bit daring and say Svetlana Kuznetsova. Sveta is due for a big win this year. Roger and Sveta. What do we think of this?
*
Oh, and congratulations to Sara Errani for winning the tournament in Portoroz - which is her second victory in a row!
*
*
Today's Results
*
Rogers Masters (Toronto)
*
Rafael Nadal def. Nicolas Kiefer, 6-3 6-2
*
*
East West Bank Classic (Los Angeles)
*
Dinara Safina def. Flavia Pennetta, 6-4 6-2
*
*
Banka Koper Slovenia Open (Portoroz)
*
Sara Errani def. Anabel Medina Garrigues, 6-3 6-3

No comments: