Sunday, August 29, 2010

Prescript

Final words before the US Open!

#1: Yes, Roger Federer and Svetlana Kuznetsova are still my picks to win the US Open. Though I'm not entirely confident with either, as I never am. (Roger because I always pick him to win, and Sveta because I never know who to pick with the ladies, even when Serena is playing).

#2: Will the US Open start already? New Haven seems like it's gone for a thousand years. A thousand BORING years.

#3: Players council hijinks! We already knew that Roger and Rafa got re-elected and Bert got booted, but hey, would you look at that? Would that be a unanimous re-electment to the offices of president and vice-pres for Rog and Rafa respectively? Why yes, I think it would be.

I've said this a thousand times, but I will say it again - we are so, so lucky to have statesmen like these at the top of our game. They are both incredible for the game individually - together, they blow my mind. They have the power to make real changes, and I am confident we are going to see more of their off court awesomeness over the next term of the council.

Congrats, Roger and Rafa! I know I picked Muzz to make the final, but may the Fedal Grapple in the Apple finally become reality!

No comments: