Friday, August 13, 2010

Strawberry Swing

I didn't see the Federer match this morning. I'm glad, because I probably would have killed myself before the big pay off of the win. But I am very happy with the way it turned out.

Excuse me for a moment, I just have to be immature.

SUCK IT, TOMAS BERDYCH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem. I'm back now.

The strawberry swirl outfit Roger is currently rocking is clearly working for him, because, after having watched a few highlights, he played some awesome stuff in that match - in the first set in particular. He isn't exactly known for beating people with pace - and I hope he doesn't rely on this as his main weapon or anything - but some of the balls he sent past Berdych in that set were absolutely blistering. They made Berdych look a lumbering ogre. It was sweet stuff.

Obviously, he didn't keep it up for the whole match, or we wouldn't have seen a third set tiebreaker, but it was better stuff than I've seen from the Roginator for a long time. And we had a demonstration of 'BTW, Roger is gritty part 739812938' again. Like with Falla, people often forget that Roger is perfectly capable of rescuing himself from the brink of despair - and that's exactly what he did today.

It looks like he'll have Novak 'Bert from Sesame Street' Djokovic up next, and though Djokovic is playing really well currently against Chardy, it will be an interesting match that I think Fed is going to win (touch wood). How many 'the real #2' articles do you think we'll see?

So you go enjoy on of your top hundred ever wins, Roger. And you bring it - no, BRING IT - back tomorrow, baby.

1 comment:

Overhead Spin said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it. I have to say that at 5-2 in the third I had given up hope. The Appleton was on the computer work station and I was drinking it neat. It was hellacious. I got up went outside after the 4 millionth break point not converted, but I came back and I watched and I clasped my fingers together and I roared and I cheered and I was happy and I cried. Yeah baby.