Friday, August 14, 2009

Those Who Have Made Djokovic Their Bunny

Oh, Mr Federer, I am cross with you, I am cross with you indeed. Letting a 5-1 lead in the third set slip? Not cool, man, not cool.
*
Though there are worse people in the world to lose to that Jo-W Tsonga. I believe he has a win over all the other Fantastic Four (including about 94 over Djokovic, who is totally his bunny) - I guess he needed to round out the set. There are worse losses in the world.
*
Though speaking of people who have made Djokovic their bitch, I am now officially pulling for Andy Roddick to win this tournament. He deserves a big win after Wimbledon - and I think it would be really good for him to do well here, to prove that Wimbledon was not one big fluke. He is playing the best tennis of his career at the moment - in my opinion anyway - and I would like to see him actualise that in the form of a big-arse win. Montreal would do nicely.
*
Though the favourite of the tournament now surely has to be Andy Murray, who has been cruising the whole way through. Rafa is technically the higher seed, but he is slugging it out with delPo as I write this, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if delPo nobbled him. The one real stumbling block for Murray will be, I think, Roddick - Wimbledon semi anyone?
*
Oh, and Kim Possible went out today - but it was to the world number #1, so you can't say she's starting at the bottom!
*
*
Today's Results
*
Rogers Cup (Montreal)
*
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga def. Roger Federer, 7-6 (7-5) 1-6 7-6 (7-3)
Andy Murray def. Nikolay Davydenko, 6-2 6-4
Andy Roddick def. Novak Djokovic, 6-4 7-6 (7-4)
*
*
Western and Southern Financial Group Women's Open (Cincinatti)
*
Dinara Safina def. Kim Clijsters, 6-2 7-5
Flavia Pennetta def. Daniela Hantuchova, 6-3 6-3
Elena Dementieva def. Caroline Wozniacki, 6-2 6-3
Jelena Jankovic def. Sybille Bammer, 6-0 6-2

No comments: